Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WEC - 09/18/10 (Pastoral)

W. was tending to his flocks
Atop a mountain, lined with rocks.
The sheep, they looked so frightened.  Why?
Unfortunately I’ll have to pry!

The sheep all stayed away from me.
Like I was a predator there to feed.
But from the shepherd too they strayed.
All the while acting afraid.

What strange goings on!  What do they fear?
Surely some great beast is near.
They hear his steps and smell his scent.
They know exactly what this meant.

Yet when I searched the countryside
I found no proof, I was defied.
What brought such fear to these poor sheep?
And left them cuddled in a heap?

Upon my return I was awestruck.
I looked everywhere but was out of luck.
The sheep were gone and left no clues
But I found a note that gave me the blues.

“I thank you kindly, Mr. Man,
For putting these sheep into my hand.
I sign with thanks, Wile E.
Yours truly - Coyote!”

No comments:

Post a Comment