Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Squirrel - 09/09/10 (Ballad)

I saw a squirrel the other day
And named him Reginald.
The thing was just a tiny squirt;
He was not very old.

CHORUS

Oh, he had been barely born
The babe was not alone, was he?
He needed someone to care for him
His tail was fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy
Indeed, his tale was fuzzy.

END CHORUS

I looked down the walk a way
And saw his mother sitting.
She had another child there!
Her protection of him was fitting.

CHORUS

But lo!  I painful sight I saw!
That I could forget it, I'd beg!
Though mother was protecting son,
She had broken her back leg.

CHORUS

The pain, it tore through my heart
But still I was optimistic.
After all, in all the movies
Things usually get better quick!

CHORUS

So though we have since parted ways
I think that I should tell you:
I know that Regi and I have bonded
Because he rested a bit on my shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment