Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh! What's that? - 8/30/10 (Enjambment)

I open up my eyes to see
The sunlight shining in to me.

In front of me is a great stone
That occupies this place alone.

But I don't think of it for long
Because so much attention just seems wrong.

Instead I focus on a tree
That was left here just for me.

Soon enough it is forgotten
As I focus on some food that's rotten.

It shouldn't be here anymore
But things have been worse in here before.

Ooo!  What's that?  A shiny thing
Gleams in from somewhere that's unseen.

A speck floats down in front of me
for me to eat and be happy.

I wonder when the sun rose up
And with light filled my tiny cup.

Hello sir, did I shake your hand
When you entered into my aquatic land?

I guess something like that is bad
Because fins can't shake with hands - I'm glad.

Nevermind, I see another shine
Outside of this realm of mine.

Did I wake up on my own or not?
Surely alone I would have thought.

Oh!  Hello and welcome to
A place where everyone welcomes you!

You probably want to know what's wrong
With the way I forget before too long.

Well I guess, then, it would be my wish
That you understand thoughts of a goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment