Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Sexy Country - 09/15/10 (Idyll)

What could be better than plowing my fields
And watching to see what each little seed yields?
Surely when my baby girl comes to me
With baskets of chicken and jugs full of tea!

It doesn’t take long for me to make room in the seat.
I kick up the throttle and our speed can’t be beat.
One time around the tires are kickin’ up dust
And the look on her face says this tractor’s a must.

We’ll ride this thing 'round til the moon’s in the sky.
Then we’ll take it and put it away for the night.
Climb up to the loft cause we don’t like the patio
And stay up all night listening to the radio.

My girl looks at me and says she has a dream.
So naturally I ask if it involves me.
She says she wants kids and a farm, but you know,
She want one more ride before she’s gotta go home!
She won’t bat an eyelash at a car or a truck.
To be quite honest, she thinks they all suck.
But I always notice she gets full of cheer
Whenever I pull out my trusty John Deere!

My girl loves this tractor I’ve got
Riding it under the sun makes her hot.
I see her watching me as I ride it along
And the way she stares sometimes strikes me as wrong.

The way that it chugs as it tears up the land
Is more exciting to her than my farmer’s tan!
I guess that if this is how it must be
I’ll just let her think that my tractor’s sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment