Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oreo, Baby - 09/12/10 (Conceit)

Shall I compare thee to a midsummer’s dream?
I should think not, my sweet.
For though you are beautiful, stunning, a treat,
You’re more like the Oreo cream.

The cream is most often the best of the best;
We twist off the layers with pride.
Only so that we can taste the sugar inside
And throw away all of the rest.

So too are you, with your fantastic grin,
Which I admit, can stop me, you cutie.
Though you always amaze with your beauty
I know the best of you is within.

But lo!  I dare say you’re also the outside!
The chocolatey wafers of kings.
Once I bite in to one of those things
My taste buds are in for a ride.

Can’t you see that you too are like this?
Oreos make other cookies look bare.
It’s the same thing with you; no girl can compare.
Every moment I’m with you is bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment